The 2019 Eastern Ontario Local Food Conference is coming to Cornwall and you are invited! The City of Cornwall, the United Counties of Stormont Dundas and Glengarry, and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs are pleased to be partnering to bring this unique regional local food event to the NAV Centre in Cornwall on November 13-14.
Who should attend?
- Farmers, food entrepreneurs, retailers, restaurants, and supporting businesses that are participating in the local food economy.
- Food service providers in public sector institutions interested in sourcing more local food.
- Municipal staff and political leaders who want to grow their agriculture and food economy, and share their experiences with others.
- Supporting businesses, services, and organizations who are dedicated to the success of local food projects.
- Policy-makers who want to understand how their work can enable a thriving agriculture and food economy.
- Anyone who wants to learn more about this active and growing sector in Eastern Ontario.
- Supporters who want to experience what the region has to offer.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Growing Communities Together”.
The conference begins on November 13 with three half-day tours to choose from. The three routes are: Mohawks of Akwasasne in partnership with the Native North American Travelling College, Cornwall and the Highlands; and Cornwall and the Seaway. All tours will offer stops featuring local food and beverage tastings, and inspiring projects led by visionary community leaders.
Tours will be followed by a local food reception at the NAV Centre, where you will be treated to a wide variety of the region’s best local food offerings.
The following day, a full day conference will feature keynote speaker Tareq Hadhad of Peace by Chocolate. He will be sharing his experiences of rebuilding his family’s business in rural Canada after fleeing their native Syria and losing everything. His message is one of hope, resilience, and inclusion. Later that day, you will experience:
- A plenary discussion about the future of local food in Eastern Ontario.
- Three streams of breakout sessions, featuring topics focused on “Business”, “Municipal”, and “Community”.
The full agenda-at-a-glance can be accessed here: Agenda
Registration is open! To order your tickets, please click: Register Now
Interested in trade show and sponsorship opportunities? We’d love to hear from you! Please have a look at our background documents here: Sponsorship