This 2 day session will be helping ‘experienced and new economic developers’ to:
- evaluate the local/regional FDI attraction potential;
- develop new strategies & programs;
- and measuring impacts.
It will also provide participants with a general overview of investment promotion, prospecting and services functions.
This session represents a great networking opportunity and a dynamic forum to discuss roles and responsibilities, while at the same time, consolidating local/regional, provincial and federal partnerships.
- The importance of foreign direct investment (FDI)
- Overview of Provincial & Federal FDI Strategies
- Roles and responsibilities
- Investment attraction process
- Partnerships and strategic planning
- FDI approaches – Promote and/or prospect
- Targeting potential investors
- Company visits fundamentals
- Service, monitoring and expansion
- Evaluation of FDI process and performance measurement
- Be able to evaluate the local/regional FDI attraction potential
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders and your own investment network
- Learn factors motivating investors
- Develop a basic outcall program
- Prepare for the first meeting with a potential investor
- Understand the importance of investors services & aftercare
- Have a better understanding of investment attraction practices
Attendees will receive 5 EDAC points towards Ec.D. certification or re-certification.
Members: $495 plus HST
Non-Members: $595 plus HST
This training requires a minimum of 14 participants to run.
REGISTER by May 22, 2019 if you plan to attend.